June 28, 2017
The lobby of One World Observatory, the visiting center for the newly built Freedom Tower, has some of the tightest security in New York. Visitors need admission tickets to pass through metal detectors. There are often police dogs, and random searches. But on an overcast Friday last April, it was a frenetic, discombobulated mess as adolescents trading business cards crowded into long lines to get their credentials for the Kairos Society Global Summit...
April 29, 2017
There's a particular kind of people that get onto helicopters in New York City and fly to the Rockefeller estate about an hour's drive away. There, they attend a 200-person dinner with former heads of state, Admirals, CEOs, media elite and billionaire investors — shmoozing, chatting about business ideas, having a few glasses of wine. The next morning, they wake up and talk about the newest innovations in jet engine technology with some kids from MIT...
April 24, 2017
General Michael Hayden wasn’t happy. In the West Side Manhattan departure lounge of Blade, a private helicopter service, the former N.S.A. and C.I.A. director had just met Joseph Gordon-Levitt, star of the recent Oliver Stone film Snowden, a sympathetic portrayal of the notorious leaker of classified information...
March 31, 2016
Dating app Tinder on Tuesday swiped right on San Francisco contact app maker Humin to tap the target's management and software expertise. Neither West Hollywood, Calif.-based Tinder nor Humin released a price in the acquisition but Tinder said it would take on most of Humin's employees and keep its northern California office...
March 30, 2016
Dating app Tinder has officially acquired contact management startup Humin today for an undisclosed amount. The technology behind Humin is the most attractive part of the deal, as well as some of its staff who will be offered new roles. Co-founders Ankur Jain and David Wyler will be staying on as the vice president of product and vp of partnerships for Tinder, respectively...
- Highs Nobility: This Elite Society Is Changing the World & You Probably Haven’t Heard of It
- TechCrunch: The Kairos Society, an organization for young entrepreneurs, has raised its own venture fund
- Wired: EDITOR’S NOTE: UNICORN-MAKING MACHINES
- Entrepreneur: Want the Upper Hand? Ask the Dumb Questions.
- Inc.: Startup Bootcamp: Live Chat With Humin Co-Founder Ankur Jain
- CNBC: These student entrepreneurs have raised billions in a quest to change the world
- Tech.co: Ankur Jain and Alex Fiance of Kairos Society on Moonshots for Social Good
- Mashable: Inside the exclusive, stealthy club where future tech moguls are born
- Business Insider: We took a helicopter to dinner at the Rockefeller Estate with the most powerful business players you’ve never heard of
- The Irish Times: Young tech entrepreneur Ankur Jain is seeking to solve the world’s biggest problems
- Entrepreneur: For Real Impact, Entrepreneurs Must Do More Than Solve Big Problems
- Forbes: Ankur Jain Talks Launching Kairos Society Ventures And Retail’s Impending Tech Disruption
- Cool Hunting: Interview: Ankur Jain, Founder of Kairos Society + VP of Product at Tinder
- Business Insider: Tinder’s VP of product is leaving the company
- Forbes: Tinder Expands Outside Of Dating With New Group Feature ‘Tinder Social’
- Recode: As Expected, Tinder Buys Humin to Goose Better Relationships
- TechCrunch: Tinder acquihires Humin to go beyond dating, and get an SF office too
- Inc.: Why Tinder Swiped Right on This Deal
- Popular Science: With New Acquisition, Tinder Gets Into ‘Augmented Reality’
- Mashable: Tinder acquisition hints it’s thinking beyond the hookup